Learn image format: RAW
Comes with unlike formats for each camera manufacturer (CRW and CR2 for Canon, NEF for Nikon, etc.). This RAW format is capable of being stored by all D-SLRs and the many types of compact top-layer cameras worldwide are circulating on the market today. The coverage coverage of the poto assembly continues to be very large and varied, whitebalance, noise reduction, exposure, sharpness, contrast and saturation.
Tips editing poto together RAW format does not make the pixel is lost due to the file format that is not global image editing software can not quickly read it and we need software conveter to convert it into another format, namely TIFF or JPEG. Able to say, although can produce a cool photo quality using a short RAW requires struggle and sacrifice.
The RAW format is the “pure” format of a digital sensors capture product that is completely untouched by any compression or interpolation! so the data added can be termed “fresh from the oven” Ok means being warm as it comes out from the oven “.. why even to the food stove? hehehe name is in term :), being to the material become the point like this: no data is lost due to compression, no provision of any processing taken What is seen/captured by digital sensors, that is in RAW data.
Well it’s going to arise middle affair “roughly what data is in one RAW-burned file?” What’s inside a RAW file is very varied, it’s up to the digital camera maker who brings RAW sketches. Each digital camera manufacturer has its own technological and advanced features on its digital inspection and its technology in varying ways to the nearest format RAWnya, so that each camera manufacturer has RAW format respectively. However, for the most part, the RAW format produced by this great digital camera is concrete pixel data where the opposite pixel path stores one precept for one single digital pattern (Red, Green, or Blue – RedGreenBlue). RAW files are repeatedly believed to have a dynamic dynamic range compared to other file formats as non-compressed RAW file formats have very very large file size with color bit depth sharpness also great variety of grabbing 16 bits.
Lossless and loosy
To each module consisting of 4 pixels, comprising the beginning of a red pixel, a blue pixel, and two green pixels. Why there are 2 green ??? because it will dig science genius scientists half there, our eyes are more sensitive to the variety of green; so in order to capture digital sensors similar to the wrong catch we see, the original digital sensor made more green color.
The variance of the pixel’s variation value is up to the capability of the digital sensor itself where it is defined by bit units. For average D-SLR camera this when can capture images with detail/depth (bit depth) up to 12 bits.
Why must there be RAW format?
For some photography lovers, camera processed designs are often a good pass But among expert photographers they are not willing to camera tinkering with poto reply they snap. RAW format makes us able to change the shape of shooting as we like. With the help of RAW processing software (photoshop, lightroom, GIMP, ACDSee etc.), we can change the exposure value, white balance, saturation to the difference to afterwards save it in another format: JPG or TIFF.
The benefits of using RAW?
– We can tamper with raw files so poto mature exactly our desires.
– photo processing alternative so much more not less then those who are creative number one is more satisfied
– the saved news is not less if you select JPEG, the camera can obviate some tiny data on infringing the file size and shorten the processing tool)
– better overall photo quality is about compression if using JPEG
– Avoid early under / over exposure can sawab exposure)
– causing the white balance together more accurately
– Make basic settings like sharpening, noise reduction, differences and curves freely
– gain a wider dynamic range
– decrease the noise reducing weight exactly as needed
– More freely playing patterns and saturation
– We are free to ensure the stage of JPEG compression ratio
Lack of using RAW?
– devour the volume of hard drive and memory card because there is no way of compression, so the dosage of RAW files is much bigger than JPEG approximately 3 to 4 times bigger)
– less not less good during shooting shrink the most major camera dexterity near burst mode) or when processing on pc due to the file size).
– a great dose creates memory and hard disks all at once
– need pc with specification fast / High (high end)
– chewed in a stodgy way to process many photos
– need special software or plugin to process RAW
– every new camera needs to download the appropriate RAW camera database
In conclusion, so what formats should be selected?
– if you have a hard drive above 500GB, memory card at least 4GB and back photographed moment (or humans or a special room choose RAW mode
– if you are also photographed about regular or need to take a snapshot (burst), or just have the capacity of hard drive and memory card mediocre, choose JPEG mode.
Or take medium tricks if you have the ability to load hard drive and excess card memory: choose RAW mode + JPEG camera will store 2 formats at once)
JPEG file format also allows the processing of a decent photo not only a little assembly and the coverage is not as wide and as RAW. Also available TIFF format, but should not be used because of the dose of his file is very large to be Memorable memory
So if you want to optimize the RAW feature in your camera start together to find out the appropriate software to process it. One of my free recommendation software is RAW therapee able to search in Google Search.
So the detail about JPEG, TIFF and RAW becomes now you can choose which is best for you because life is option 🙂 to meet in other graphic design articles only in Graphics
pity hopefully useful.